Whataburger cup sizes arent like your average fast food restaurant. Whether youve never been to Whataburger or are a Whataburger fanatic, know that when it comes to drinks, this popular restaurant franchise doesnt disappoint.So, whats so special about Whataburger drink sizes and what drinks do they offer? Stay tuned for the answers.
- The History Behind Whataburger’s “BIG” Branding
- Why Are Whataburger Cups So Big?
- What Size Are Whataburger Cups: Whataburger Cup Sizes OZ
- What Kind of Drinks Does Whataburger Have?
- Diet Coke
- Cherry Coke
- Dr. Pepper
- Barq’s Root Beer
- Minute Maid Light Lemonade
- Powerade Mountain Blast
- Powerade Fruit Punch
- Hi-C Orange Lavaburst
- Hi-C Poppin’ Pink Lemonade
- Fanta Orange
- Fanta Strawberry
- Mello Yellow
- Coca-Cola Classic
- Diet Coke
- Coke Zero
- Chocolate Shake
- Chocolate Malt
- Strawberry Shake
- Strawberry Malt
- Vanilla Shake
- Vanilla Malt
- Pepper Shake
- Fuze Raspberry Tea
- Pibb Xtra
- Whataburger Cup Sizes: Bigger Is Better!
- How big is a large Whataburger cup?
- Why are fast food drinks so large?
- How many ounces is a Whataburger drink?
- How big is an American large drink?
- Are water cups free at Whataburger?
- What is the difference between large and small drink?
- What is the difference between a supersize and large drink?
- What’s the biggest drink?
- What size is a large Whataburger shake?
The History Behind Whataburger’s “BIG” Branding
Whataburger is a fast food burger joint developed by Harmon Dobson in 1950. It is said that Dobson was on a mission to create a burger that was so big and so delicious that his consumers would exclaim, Whataburger! after tasting it.
Pretty lofty goals, right?
Dobson, on the other hand, was successful. Today, the Whataburger chain is immensely popular. Having gotten its start in Texas, there are now over 900 locations across the nation with the most in Texas. Still, Whataburger chains can be found checked across the nation. The first ever Whataburger restaurant outside of Texas was founded in Florida. Beyond Florida, this beloved burger restaurant is also found in Louisiana, Alabama, Oklahoma, and more.
Know that as of right now, Whataburger locations can only be found in southern states. Whataburger has just revealed ambitions to expand into Tennessee. Still, if you consider yourself a Yankee and live up north, you may be waiting a while to see a Whataburger open up near you. But heyone can dream, cant they?
Why Are Whataburger Cups So Big?
So, now that you know a little bit of the history behind Whataburger branding, its time to discuss why Whataburger restaurants serve cups that are so big, The answer? It’s appropriate for the topic!
That’s correct. Having originated from Texas, whereeverything is said to be bigger, it just makes sense. Whataburger is also known for crunchy fried chicken tenders and delectable burgers that feature a 5-inch bun. So, its no wonder that Whataburger would also feature supremely large drinks. Many customers that have ordered a medium or large size drink have confusingly walked out with a cup size that was at least double what they were expecting.
So, how big is big when it comes to Whataburger cup sizing? Im so glad you asked!
What Size Are Whataburger Cups: Whataburger Cup Sizes OZ
There are four cup sizes available at Whataburger. The following are the cup sizes along with the amount of liquid they hold:
- Kids Size 16 oz
- Small Size-20 oz
- Medium Size- 32 ounce
- Large Size- 44 oz
As you can see, Whataburger large cup sizes cant be ignored. When engaging in a Whataburger cup sizes comparison it is obvious that Whataburger is overly generous with the number of liquid goods they serve to the people.
For reference, know that the average fast food restaurant does serve some drink sizes that are similar to Whataburger. The difference, however, lies in the sizing of the medium and large drinks.
For example, McDonalds serves medium drinks at 21 oz versus Whataburgers whopping 32 oz. McDonalds large drink is 30 oz versus Whataburgers 44 ounces.
Get the drift?
Thus, if youre in the mood for a particularly large sip, be sure to stop into your local Whataburger if youre lucky enough to have one near you. Their drink quantities are not to be missed!
Note: Just so that youre aware, some people believe that the kids size drink from Whataburger is as big as the small. This is inaccurate, however, as the small is a few ounces larger than the kids size.
What Kind of Drinks Does Whataburger Have?
So, youre informed on Whataburger cup sizes and how they sharply differ from other fast food restaurants in town. Cool! So, what type of beverages does Whataburger serve?
This is yet another thing most consumers dearly love about Whataburger, and thats the variety of delicious drinks they carry.
Whether youre in the mood for a soft drink or want to go all out with a chocolate malt, Whataburger has all your food-related guilty pleasures covered in one menu!
The beverages listed below are often available in Whataburger restaurants. Keep in mind that a menu item can vary based on location, so be sure to check the menu before assuming that the drinks listed here will be available at your local Whataburger.
Note: Sometimes only medium and large drinks are available depending on how you place your order and where you are ordering from. For example, ordering over the app may not give you the option to order a kids or small drink. Instead, you may have to choose from a massive medium or large drink to pair with your meal.
*Not all beverages come in kid sizing (see shakes and malts)
- Kids Caffeine Free Diet Coke (16 fl oz)
- Small Caffeine Free Diet Coke (20 fl oz)
- Medium Caffeine Free Diet Coke (32 fl oz)
- Large Caffeine Free Diet Coke (44 fl oz)
- Kids Cherry Coke (16 fl oz)
- Small Cherry Coke (20 fl oz)
- Medium Cherry Coke (32 fl oz)
- Large Cherry Coke (44 fl oz)
- Kids Sprite (16 fl oz)
- Small Sprite (20 fl oz)
- Medium Sprite (32 fl oz)
- Large Sprite (44 fl oz)
- Kids Dr. Pepper (16 fl oz)
- Small Dr. Pepper (20 fl oz)
- Medium Dr. Pepper (32 fl oz)
- Large Dr. Pepper (44 fl oz)
Barq’s Root Beer
- Kids Barqs Root Beer (16 fl oz)
- Small Barqs Root Beer (20 fl oz)
- Medium Barqs Root Beer (32 fl oz)
- Large Barqs Root Beer (44 fl oz)
Minute Maid Light Lemonade
- Kids Minute Maid Light Lemonade (16 fl oz)
- Small Minute Maid Light Lemonade (20 fl oz)
- Medium Minute Maid Light Lemonade (32 fl oz)
- Large Minute Maid Light Lemonade (44 fl oz)
Powerade Mountain Blast
- Kids POWERADE Mountain Blast (16 fl oz)
- Small POWERADE Mountain Blast (20 fl oz)
- Medium POWERADE Mountain Blast (32 fl oz)
- Large POWERADE Mountain Blast (44 fl oz)
Powerade Fruit Punch
- Kids POWERADE Fruit Punch (16 fl oz)
- Small POWERADE Fruit Punch (20 fl oz)
- Medium POWERADE Fruit Punch (32 fl oz)
- Large POWERADE Fruit Punch (44 fl oz)
Hi-C Orange Lavaburst
- Kids Hi-C Orange Lavaburst (16 fl oz)
- Small Hi-C Orange Lavaburst (20 fl oz)
- Medium Hi-C Orange Lavaburst (32 fl oz)
- Large Hi-C Orange Lavaburst (44 fl oz)
Hi-C Poppin’ Pink Lemonade
- Kids Hi-C Poppin Pink Lemonade (16 fl oz)
- Small Hi-C Poppin Pink Lemonade (20 fl oz)
- Medium Hi-C Poppin Pink Lemonade (32 fl oz)
- Large Hi-C Poppin Pink Lemonade (44 fl oz)
- Kids Fanta Orange (16 fl oz)
- Small Fanta Orange (20 fl oz)
- Medium Fanta Orange (32 fl oz)
- Large Fanta Orange (44 fl oz)
- Kids Fanta Strawberry (16 fl oz)
- Small Fanta Strawberry (20 fl oz)
- Medium Fanta Strawberry (32 fl oz)
- Large Fanta Strawberry (44 fl oz)
- Kids Mello Yello (16 fl oz)
- Small Mello Yello (20 fl oz)
- Medium Mello Yello (32 fl oz)
- Large Mello Yello (44 fl oz)
- Kids Coca-Cola Classic (16 fl oz)
- Small Coca-Cola Classic (20 fl oz)
- Medium Coca-Cola Classic (32 fl oz)
- Large Coca-Cola Classic (44 fl oz)
- Kids Diet Coke (16 fl oz)
- Small Diet Coke (20 fl oz)
- Medium Diet Coke (32 fl oz)
- Large Diet Coke (44 fl oz)
- Kids Coke ZeroTM (16 fl oz)
- Small Coke ZeroTM (20 fl oz)
- Medium Coke ZeroTM (32 fl oz)
- Large Coke ZeroTM (44 fl oz)
- Small Chocolate Shake (16 fl oz)
- Medium Chocolate Shake (20 fl oz)
- Large Chocolate Shake (32 fl oz)
- Small Chocolate Malt (16 fl oz)
- Medium Chocolate Malt (20 fl oz)
- Large Chocolate Malt (32 fl oz)
- Small Strawberry Shake (16 fl oz)
- Medium Strawberry Shake (20 fl oz)
- Large Strawberry Shake (32 fl oz)
- Small Strawberry Malt (16 fl oz)
- Medium Strawberry Malt (20 fl oz)
- Large Strawberry Malt (32 fl oz)
- Small Vanilla Shake (16 fl oz)
- Medium Vanilla Shake (20 fl oz)
- Large Vanilla Shake (32 fl oz)
- Small Vanilla Malt (16 fl oz)
- Medium Vanilla Malt (20 fl oz)
- Large Vanilla Malt (32 fl oz)
- Small Dr. Pepper Shake (16 fl oz)
- Medium Dr. Pepper Shake (20 fl oz)
- Large Dr. Pepper Shake (32 fl oz)
Fuze Raspberry Tea
- Kids Fuze Raspberry Tea (16 fl oz)
- Small Fuze Raspberry Tea (20 fl oz)
- Medium Fuze Raspberry Tea (32 fl oz)
- Large Fuze Raspberry Tea (44 fl oz)
- Kids Pibb Xtra (16 fl oz)
- Small Pibb Xtra (20 fl oz)
- Medium Pibb Xtra (32 fl oz)
- Large Pibb Xtra (44 fl oz)
Whataburger Cup Sizes: Bigger Is Better!
As you can see, deliciousness doesnt stop at just eating at Whataburger; it includes drinking, too! Theres a wide variety of drinks to choose from and Whataburger isnt stingy about how much of it they give you. And that, my friends, is something to rejoice about.
How big is a large Whataburger cup?
Medium drinks are 32 ounces and Large drinks are 44 ounces.
Why are fast food drinks so large?
It is the result of many circumstances. Soda is quite inexpensive in volume. Offering a much bigger size and charging twenty cents more increases the profit for a store or restaurant, rather than lowering it, but it makes the consumer feel like he or she is getting a great deal.
How many ounces is a Whataburger drink?
(12 oz. of coffee) 16-ounce cup of coffee Coffee (20 ounces) (16 oz.) Shakes & Malts
How big is an American large drink?
In the U.S., a small equates to 16 ounces, a medium is 21 ounces, and a large is 30 ounces.
Are water cups free at Whataburger?
Free small water is a big deal. I came here for a brief bathroom break. I had superb customer service and was given a free small water.
What is the difference between large and small drink?
Informally, a peg is an undefined measure of any alcoholic drink poured in a glass. The terms “large (badda) peg” and “small (chota) peg” are equal to 60 ml and 30 ml, respectively, with “peg” alone simply referring to a 60 ml peg.
What is the difference between a supersize and large drink?
A Supersize Coke comes in a 42-ounce cup and, according to McDonald’s, is supposed to contain 410 calories. Its large comes in a 32-ounce cup and is supposed to have 310 calories.
What’s the biggest drink?
The largest alcoholic mixed drink is is 946 litres (208 UK gal, 249 US gal), and was achieved by the United States Bartenders’ Guild, Empress 1908 Gin, and Fever Tree Tonic Water (all USA) in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, on 5 November 2018.
What size is a large Whataburger shake?
Facts about shakes: Small (16 oz.): $2.89 and 420 calories. Medium (20 oz.): $3.39 and 530 calories. Large (32 oz.): $3.89 and 840 calories.