Vampire tacos with a stuffing of flank beef and spicy mayo. This flavorful summer grilling staple is a fantastic way to enjoy this beef-filled tortilla dish.
Grilling season has here! And what better way to welcome the season than with this delicious vampire taco recipe?
So, what gives these vampire steaks their name? Perhaps because they have steak through their hearts (sorry), but it’s more likely due to the incredible quantity of garlic in these beauties.
This is one of our favorite taco recipes this year, and you’ll discover why shortly. Use the recipe below to learn how to create these tasty treats.
- Vampire Tacos
- What is vampire style at Yard House?
- What’s the difference between a mulita and a vampiro?
- Why are they called vampire tacos?
- What is the difference between a vampiro taco and a tostada?
- What is vampire style?
- What does vampire style mean?
- What is a chitlin taco?
- What is the difference between a gordita and a mulita?
- What are tacos trompa?
- What do Mexicans call taco meat?
- 2lbsflank or skirt steak
- 8corn tortillas
- cupsoy sauce
- cupextra-virgin olive oil
- 1tspkosher salt
- tspblack pepper
- 3clovesgarlicfinely minced
- 2chipotle peppersfinely chopped
- 2tbsplime juice
- 3cupscheddar cheeseshredded
- 1cuppico de gallo
- cupcotija cheese or queso fresco
- 1cupcilantro leaves
- Put the steak and all of the marinated ingredients in a big plastic food bag. Toss the bag to coat the meat after everything is in.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least one hour, or overnight.
- Remove the meat from the marinade, discarding any remaining fluid.
- Preheat your grill or grill pan to high heat. Cook the steak to your liking (I like it a little rare).
- Allow at least ten minutes for the meat to cool before slicing it into thin strips.
- Let’s get started on the sauce! Combine the chipotles, mayonnaise, lime juice, and salt in a mixing bowl. Stir well.
- Heat up a saut pan to a medium heat
- Place one tortilla in the pan and top with approximately a quarter cup of cheddar cheese. Place another tortilla on top and heat until the cheese begins to melt, flipping once. Make careful to just heat the tortilla until it becomes soft, not crispy!
- Now it’s time to build your taco! Apply as much guacamole on your tortilla as you want.
- Add a couple steak pieces, followed by pico de gallo, cotija cheese, and part of the sauce. Garnish with cilantro if desired.
What is vampire style at Yard House?
Carnitas, bacon, roasted garlic, smashed avocado, salsa roja, sour cream, and cilantro atop a cheese-crusted tortilla.
What’s the difference between a mulita and a vampiro?
Mulas, also known as mulitas, are similar to tacos but in the shape of a quesadilla. Layered between two robust corn tortillas are cheese, your choice of meat, onions, and cilantro. that keep everything together. Vampiros are similar in that the tortillas are toasted until they are faintly crispy.
Why are they called vampire tacos?
These are known as “Tacos de Birria” in Michoacán, while in Southern California, they are known as “Tacos de Vampiro” or “Vampire Tacos” due to the crimson tinge that the salsa leaves on the tortillas.
What is the difference between a vampiro taco and a tostada?
Vampiros and tostadas
While tostadas are constructed using pre-made crispy tortillas, a vampiro’s tortilla is grilled to order.
What is vampire style?
Vampire fashion is inspired by 17th and 18th century trends, as well as the Victorian period. Vampires often dress in clothing from the period in which they were transformed, making them seem sophisticated yet out of place. It may contain any of the following elements: Clothing in dark crimson, black, and grey.
What does vampire style mean?
The term “Vampiro-style” refers to the practice of lining a tortilla with a pan-fried disk of cheese. The advanced lesson is to sprinkle chilli powder over the cheese.
What is a chitlin taco?
Tripas are the tiny intestines of farm animals that have been cleaned, cooked, and grilled in Mexican cuisine (chitterlings in English-speaking nations). Tripas are used as a taco filler and then topped with toppings like as cilantro, chopped onions, and chile sauce.
What is the difference between a gordita and a mulita?
They all resemble corn tortilla disks with toppings on top. “The gordita is a deep-fried tortilla with meat, cheesecream, lettuce, and cotija cheese on top,” Vicki, the cashier, explains. “The mulita consists of two grilled tortillas with meat, white cheese, onions, and cilantro sandwiched inside.”
What are tacos trompa?
Tacos al pastor (from Spanish, “shepherd style”), tacos al pastor, or tacos de trompo are spit-grilled slices of pork that originated in the Central Mexican area of Puebla and Mexico City, but are now a popular menu item at taqueras across Mexico.
What do Mexicans call taco meat?
Carne Asada – Asada (or asado) translates to “roasted” in Spanish. Carne asada is a grilled, spicy, marinated beef sliced into strips. This is the meat found in burritos and tacos. Pollo Asado – Pollo translates to “chicken” in Spanish, therefore pollo asado is grilled, marinated chicken.