These turmeric ginger and lemon health shots are an excellent way to begin your day. These tasty homemade beverages are packed with tangy lemon and punchy ginger root and are ideal for making in bulk.
I’ve written extensively about the health advantages of turmeric in beverage form, but now I’m sharing one of my favorite ways to consume it: in shots!
These types of shot recipes are often popular in the winter since we all suffer from colds, coughs, and viruses. I was initially introduced to turmeric when suffering from a cold a few years ago, but I have to admit that I now consume it on a daily basis!
In my last piece on turmeric, I explicitly mentioned how lemon and ginger turmeric tea, which consists of crushed turmeric combined with coconut milk, black pepper, and honey, is laden with health benefits.
We were removing most of that off and using them as potent 2-ounce shots. These tiny beauties are rich in turmeric content and carry a powerful punch. Definitely drink a glass of water afterward.
They are certain to wake you up first thing in the morning, but I can also attest to their efficiency in fighting infections and threatening cold symptoms.
In my last piece on turmeric, I discussed the health advantages of turmeric. But, as a fast refresher, here are a few of them.
The active ingredient in turmeric is curcumin.
- Detoxifies the body and liver
- Improves liver function and protects liver tissue to boost immunity.
- Cleanses and purifies the blood
- Eases symptoms of coughs and colds
- Improves skin complexion
- Reduces bad cholesterol
- Reduces inflammation
This dish couldn’t be easier to prepare. It simply takes a few materials and a few kitchen equipment.
Turmeric root, ginger, and lemon are the only ingredients. There is no additional taste or sugar. Simply nutritious components in their most natural state. When serving, we additionally sprinkled it with black pepper to assist your body absorb it quicker. I really like the kick provided by the black pepper; talk about a wake-up call.
All you need is a blender or slow juicer, as well as a strainer lined with kitchen paper. To make it, just combine all of the ingredients in a blender, then drain through a sieve before portioning.
You may either store it in a big mason jar or serve it immediately away in a little shot bottle. If you don’t have any, you can get some on Amazon.
Finally, if you want to freeze them, just pour them onto an ice tray and freeze them as ice cubes later.
- What is turmeric?
- What are the benefits of turmeric and ginger health shots?
- Turmeric benefits
- Ginger benefits
- Turmeric root vs. turmeric powder
- How often should you take turmeric shots?
- Does turmeric help with weight loss?
- Can you make these health shots in batch?
- Turmeric & Ginger Health Shot
- What does a shot of ginger and turmeric do?
- Can you take ginger turmeric shots everyday?
- How often should you take ginger and turmeric shots?
- Is it healthy to take turmeric and ginger?
- Can turmeric burn belly fat?
- Does turmeric and ginger detox the liver?
- How fast does turmeric and ginger work?
- Who should not take turmeric and ginger?
- Do ginger shots actually work?
- Do ginger shots need to be refrigerated?
What is turmeric?
Turmeric is an Indian root powder obtained from the root of Curcuma longa. It is a spice that adds a natural and vivid yellow hue to curries and grains. It has culinary use and may be used in stews, rice, and as a medicine to reduce swelling or assist seal a cut. It may also be used as a face mask component since its qualities can assist decrease edema and function as a skin toner.
What are the benefits of turmeric and ginger health shots?
Shots of turmeric and ginger provide several health advantages. Here are some of the advantages.
- They have anti-inflammatory properties.
- They help relieve colds and cases of flu.
- Ginger helps aid digestion.
- Turmeric includes curcumin, which aids in immune system function.
- They are an energy booster.
Turmeric offers several advantages. It’s a spice that’s well-known for its versatility in the kitchen. Its applications span from health and beauty to cooking and even fashion. For a long-lasting yellow tint, try tying and dyeing with turmeric. The most major benefit of utilizing turmeric as a cure is that there are no side effects, which is not the case with other pharmaceutical treatments. Here are some of the advantages that turmeric may provide:
- It possesses antioxidant capabilities, and some of these antioxidants aid in the prevention of disorders such as Alzheimer’s.
- It is anti-inflammatory
- It gives food a bright color
- It may help relieve arthritic symptoms- it may assist persons with osteoarthritis minimize discomfort.
- It may help prevent cancer.
- It may aid in the maintenance of ulcerative colitis remission.
Turmeric also aids in the reduction of bad cholesterol, which contributes to heart disease and other cardiac difficulties. It may be used to treat uveitis instead of corticosteroids.
Ginger is another root with several health advantages. It belongs to the Zingiberaceae family. You may use it in powder, root form, oil, juice, or spice form. Here are some of ginger’s health benefits:
- It may aid with nausea, such as post surgery nausea and morning sickness during pregnancy. However, health experts urge pregnant women who have miscarried or are nearing labor not to consume ginger.
- It helps ease flu symptoms.
- Some of its components, such as gingerol, have anti-inflammatory qualities.
- It acts as an antioxidant.
- It may help reduce oxidative stress.
- It may help reduce osteoarthritis symptoms including joint pain and stiffness.
- It could help lower blood sugar levels
- It may help alleviate heart issues.
- It can help with chronic indigestion.
- It could assist with menstrual cramps. This is due to its anti-inflammatory qualities as well.
- It can help fight various infections.
Turmeric root vs. turmeric powder
Turmeric root offers a more vibrant and fresh flavor than turmeric powder. The texture is one of the most noticeable distinctions. The root is chunky and fresh, but the powder is just that. Fresh root has more active nutrients than powder.
Raw turmeric also has a stronger scent. Because the dried variety has a substantially longer shelf life, it is more commonly utilized and generally accessible.
How often should you take turmeric shots?
According to research, taking 500 mg of curcumin every day is required to get the full advantages of turmeric. This equates to around two and a half tablespoons of turmeric powder each day.
If you have a cold, I recommend taking one of these every day while your body works hard to combat the illness. However, it is usually preferable to restrict them to every other day.
Does turmeric help with weight loss?
It is possible that it will aid in weight reduction. Turmeric tea, for example, aids in fat emulsification and functions as a digestive juice. According to research on obese adults, those who took turmeric had a lower BMI and lost weight. According to some studies, weight loss has risen by roughly 3%.
It also aids in the regulation of blood sugar levels and the prevention of insulin resistance. Turmeric’s anti-inflammatory qualities also assist to decrease swelling, which is a major component in obesity. Curcumin may aid in the reduction of fat development. Turmeric also helps to boost bile production. This serves as digestive juice.
- Ginger root: It is more powerful than powdered ginger root.
- Turmeric root: Fresh turmeric has a stronger taste than turmeric powder.
- Lemons: Fresh lemons are preferable since they enhance the taste of the drink and provide a zing to it. Lemon juice might also assist with flu symptoms. Lemons also aid in weight reduction and are beneficial to the skin.
- Black pepper absorbs the curcumin found in turmeric. It also aids digestion and improves flavor.
Can you make these health shots in batch?
Yes, you may create a batch ahead of time. Then, place them in shot-sized containers and put them in the fridge. However, it is important to remember that the nutritional value may diminish significantly with time.
You may keep them in the refrigerator. They must be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Glass containers that are airtight are typically the best for this. It’s a good idea to label the containers so you know when you’ve created a batch and need to utilize it.
Turmeric and ginger shots may be stored in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days. While the injections may be stored for up to a week, they are only safe to use for roughly five days. The sooner you utilize it, the better it will be in terms of nutrients and flavor.
Turmeric & Ginger Health Shot
- 7ozturmeric root
- 4lemonsrind removed
- 6ozginger rootroughly chopped
- 1pinchblack pepper
- In a blender or juicer, combine all of the ingredients. Blend until smooth and as much of the components as feasible have been integrated.
- Prepare a sieve by lining it with a kitchen towel or paper. Place the sieve on top of a container. Pour the turmeric mixture into the sieve and let it to drain through the paper, removing any unwanted pulp.
- Pour the filtered mixture into bottles or jars of your choosing, or freeze it in ice cube trays to enjoy later.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle with black pepper. Drink as a shot, then rinse with water.
- These are best taken first thing in the morning on an empty stomach to receive the maximum benefit.
- Can be stored for up to 4 days in the fridge
What does a shot of ginger and turmeric do?
They may be able to decrease inflammation.
Both ginger and turmeric have anti-inflammatory qualities; ginger, for example, inhibits the synthesis of inflammatory chemicals in the body, whilst turmeric reduces the levels of two enzymes in the body that produce inflammation.
Can you take ginger turmeric shots everyday?
Turmeric injections may be a useful addition to your daily routine, easing ordinary aches and pains and assisting us in dealing with the physical strain connected with exercise. Regular consumption may help you improve your daily antioxidant intake for better overall health.
How often should you take ginger and turmeric shots?
The minerals and advantages of ginger and turmeric shots are many! You can reduce inflammation and improve digestion with only one injection each day. These shots are a terrific source of natural energy that does not include caffeine.
Is it healthy to take turmeric and ginger?
Ginger and turmeric are both rich sources of antioxidants. Ginger’s antioxidants may help against heart disease and cancer, particularly when combined with garlic. Turmeric has even more antioxidant power.
Can turmeric burn belly fat?
Curcumin may really reduce fat tissue formation, according to a Tufts University research. Another method turmeric aids in weight loss is by controlling blood sugar levels and reducing insulin resistance. As a consequence, extra fat is produced that is not stored in the body.
Does turmeric and ginger detox the liver?
Turmeric also promotes bile production, which assists in liver cleansing and reduces fat build-up in the body while restoring liver function. As a result, turmeric is one of the most often used herbal treatments for fatty liver therapy.
How fast does turmeric and ginger work?
If you’re wondering how long it takes turmeric to work, it depends on the individual. However, when taken on a daily basis, you could expect to see results in 4-8 weeks.
Who should not take turmeric and ginger?
Although it is safe to consume turmeric-containing foods, pregnant and lactating women should avoid taking turmeric supplements. You should stop taking turmeric at least two weeks before surgery because it may serve as a blood thinner. Inform your doctor and surgeon that you are taking turmeric.
Do ginger shots actually work?
A daily ginger shot may be a terrific addition to any health regimen, but it can also help with weight loss. Furthermore, many people find that a daily ginger injection helps them cope with everyday nausea or stomach trouble.
Do ginger shots need to be refrigerated?
Once opened, keep the following items in the refrigerator: Juice of ginger. Juice made from turmeric. Ginger shot glasses.