This Bourbon Street Chicken recipe is a spin on the popular restaurant dish. This fast and simple meal, made with succulent chicken thighs and a rich teriyaki sticky sauce, is better than takeout.
Each mouthful is better than the previous, thanks to the powerful tastes of bourbon spice, teriyaki glaze, soy sauce, and cayenne pepper. This is superior to takeaway.
The intense heat of the cayenne pepper coupled with the sweet tastes of the brown sugar creates an unequaled flavor combination that will keep you repeating this dish again and over.
- What is Bourbon Street Chicken?
- Bourbon Street Chicken
- What is bourbon marinade made of?
- What is bourbon chicken sauce made of?
- Is bourbon chicken cooked with alcohol?
- What does Chinese bourbon chicken taste like?
- What are the 4 ingredients of bourbon?
- What is the best bourbon for marinade?
- Can kids eat bourbon chicken?
- What is the best bourbon to make sauce with?
- Why is it called bourbon chicken?
What is Bourbon Street Chicken?
Bourbon Street Chicken, a Golden Corrals menu staple, combines pan-cooked chicken pieces with a rich teriyaki sauce. Despite the name, it contains no bourbon (sorry) and is not named after the renowned Boulevard in New Orleans’ French Quarter. It’s similar to chicken creole, except it’s considerably thicker and contains a teriyaki sauce marinade.
We did something a little unusual with this dish. Instead of doing a straight-up knockoff, we combined their marinade with the original bourbon chicken sauce. The end product is a sweet and spicy chicken dish with a kick. It’s fantastic.
Bourbon Street Chicken
- 3 pounds sliced thighs or breastboneless breasts
- 1inchfresh gingerfinely grated
- 3tspbourbon seasoning
- 1cupteriyaki sauce
- 1cupsoy sauce
- 1cupbrown sugar
- tspcrushed red pepper flakes
- 2tbsptomato ketchup
- 1tbspapple cider vinegar
- Whisk together the bourbon seasoning and teriyaki sauce in a small dish. Cover with chicken strips. Wrap with plastic wrap or place in ziplock bags. Allow to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- Add the marinated chicken pieces, garlic, and ginger to a skillet over medium heat. Cook until the chicken begins to brown and the center is no longer pink. Remove from the heat and put aside.
- To prepare the sauce, combine some water, vegetable oil, and soy sauce in a large mixing basin. Combine the apple juice, brown sugar, crushed red pepper flakes, ginger, garlic, ketchup, and apple cider vinegar in a large mixing bowl. Set aside after whisking to mix.
- Pour the sauce into a new pan. Warm up for 5-8 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken and the sauce. Simmer sauce for approximately 20 minutes, or until thickened.
- Serve on freshly cooked or steamed rice.
What is bourbon marinade made of?
3 cup soy sauce. 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced (optional)4 cup brown sugar. 14 cup Bourbon whiskey. 11
What is bourbon chicken sauce made of?
The Sauce’s Top Secret
Garlic, ginger, chicken stock, whiskey, soy sauce, and brown sugar make up the sauce. Three tablespoons of apple cider vinegar are also added for additional tang. It will seem to be a LOT of sauce at first, but it simmer down and decreases wonderfully.
Is bourbon chicken cooked with alcohol?
The sauce for bourbon chicken contains alcohol, however most of it cooks off. Bourbon chicken is made with bourbon, as the name suggests. It balances the sauce and stops it from feeling too sweet.
What does Chinese bourbon chicken taste like?
When you think of Christmas drinks, you may think of apples and bourbon, but now you can envision the same taste profiles on chicken. whiskey chicken, according to Dinner then Dessert, is “deliciously sweet and sticky and has a deep bourbon flavor with hints of apple juice.” Have you ever cooked with alcohol?
What are the 4 ingredients of bourbon?
The primary constituents of a four-grain bourbon are maize, rye, wheat, and barley. Distillers may experiment with the amounts of other grains as long as they respect US federal legislation, which mandates bourbon to include at least 51% corn.
What is the best bourbon for marinade?
4 cup — you’re just using a buck’s worth of bourbon.bottle, and the recipe only calls for one Best bourbon whiskey for marinade
I drink Jim Beam. It’s inexpensive, tasty, and ideal for this dish. Because it’s just approximately $15
Can kids eat bourbon chicken?
Yes, bourbon chicken does include bourbon. It’s what gives it its distinct taste. The most of the alcohol cooks off, so it’s hardly a boozy meal. It is safe for children to consume.
What is the best bourbon to make sauce with?
Jim Beam is a low-proof bourbon that goes well with almost any cuisine. If you want a bourbon that won’t overshadow your recipes, Jim Beam is the way to go. This is the bourbon to use for fast sauces, marinades, and grilling.
Why is it called bourbon chicken?
Bourbon chicken is called after New Orleans’ Bourbon Street, which was named after France’s royal dynasty in 1721, the House of Bourbon, who were named after the ancient French region of Bourbonnais, which is also a wonderful name for a product concept I had just now: bourbon and mayonnaise!