It might be difficult to predict how quickly ground beef cooks in the oven if you’re not used to it, which is why so many people wonder how long to cook meatloaf at What temperature!
That is why I will cover the timings for all of the different temperatures in this post, as well as tips and techniques and information on cooking meatloaf with various meats. Keep reading for a wonderful meatloaf recipe at the conclusion!
- The Rule Of Thumb For Meatloaf Cooking
- How Long To Cook Meatloaf At 375
- Cooking 2lb Meatloaf: 350 – 375 Answered
- Cooking Larger Loaves At 375
- Cooking Poultry Loaves
- More Meatloaf Cooking Asks
- Tips And Tricks For Cooking Meatloaf!
- Creole Cuisine Inspired Meatloaf Recipe
- Meatloaf And Cooking Times
- How long does it take to cook a 2lb meatloaf at 375?
- How long does it take to cook a meatloaf at 375 degrees?
- What is the best temperature and time to cook meatloaf?
- Is it better to cook meatloaf at 350 or 375?
- What is the secret to moist meatloaf?
- Should I bake meatloaf covered or uncovered?
- What temperature should a 2lb meatloaf be?
- What temperature do you heat meatloaf in the oven?
- Is it OK for meatloaf to be a little pink?
- What should the oven be set at for meatloaf?
The Rule Of Thumb For Meatloaf Cooking
The normal temperature for cooking meatloaf is 350 F, while some people like to cook their loaves at 375 F or even 400 F. This is typically determined by your cooking technique, oven strength, and personal choice.
The usual rule of thumb for preparing meatloaf is to add 35-45 minutes to the cooking time for each pound of loaf.
How Long To Cook Meatloaf At 375
How Long To Cook 1 lb Meatloaf At 375
Any meatloaf prepared at 375 degrees Fahrenheit should be cooked for at least 40 minutes, with the upper end of that range being approximately 45-50 minutes.
Nevertheless, 1 pound meatloaves cook quicker. These light loaves usually take 25-40 minutes to bake. If you cook a 1lb meatloaf at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, it will be done in 35-45 minutes.
If you’re still uncertain, use a food thermometer to ensure that the meatloaf reaches an internal temperature of 160 F when thoroughly cooked. When it does, remove it from the oven and set it aside to cool.
If it still needs to brown, raise the temperature slightly and keep it in for another 2-5 minutes.
Be careful and watchful while baking at 375 F to prevent scorching your meatloaf, since this is a somewhat high temperature to bake it at.
Cooking 2lb Meatloaf: 350 – 375 Answered
How Long Does A 2 lb Meatloaf Take To Cook At 350?
Cooking meatloaf at 350 degrees Fahrenheit is often a safer option than cooking at higher temperatures.
If you’ve ever wondered how long it takes to cook a 2 pound meatloaf at 350 F, you won’t be surprised to learn that it may take a bit longer than a 375 F loaf. It takes around an hour to cook.
Take care not to overcook your meat, since this might result in an unpleasant crumbly, dry feel.
How Long Do You Cook A 2 lb Meatloaf At 375 Degrees?
So, how long does a 2 pound meatloaf take to cook at 375 degrees Fahrenheit? The good news is that it is now a bit quicker!
In general, a 2 pound meatloaf will take 45-50 minutes to cook at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. While cooking at this higher temperature, however, you run the danger of overcooking or scorching the sides of your loaf and having a raw middle.
It is preferable to use a food thermometer to monitor your meatloaf while it is cooking at this temperature to ensure that the safe internal temperature (160 F) is attained.
Cooking Larger Loaves At 375
A bigger meatloaf, as predicted, takes a bit longer to cook.
I would suggest avoiding baking such large loaves not just for this reason, but also because they dry out much faster in the oven. There is also a greater likelihood of uneven cooking.
If you want to create a bigger loaf, use a loaf pan rather than a baking pan and keep it covered frequently during baking. It’s also a good idea to start it at a lower temperature and then increase it midway or during the last third of the cooking time.
How Long To Cook 3 lb Meatloaf At 375
If you chose to bake a 3lb meatloaf at 375 F, it should take between 1 hour 30 minutes and 2 hours.
How Long Does It Take To Cook A 4 lb Meatloaf At 375 Degrees?
A 4lb meatloaf will take around 2 hours and 40 minutes to cook at 350°F.
To cook at 375 degrees Fahrenheit, you may anticipate it to take between 2 and 2 hours and 20 minutes.
How Long To Cook A 5 lb Meatloaf At 375
A 5lb meatloaf will take around 2 hours and 55 minutes to cook at 375F.
Cooking Poultry Loaves
How Long To Cook Chicken Meatloaf At 375?
Cooking time for chicken meatloaf at 350 F is around 80-90 minutes. Cooking your meatloaf at 375 F is similar to baking a chicken breast at 400 F at a lower temperature.
But, be cautious not to undercook the chicken since eating raw chicken might be harmful.
If you want to create the healthiest chicken meatloaf possible, try mincing your own chicken and discovering the best ways for reheating chicken in the oven.
How Long To Cook Turkey Meatloaf Mini At 375?
It takes 50 minutes to cook an average-sized turkey meatloaf at 400°F. This indicates that baking the same meatloaf at 375 F will take around 1 hour.
More Meatloaf Cooking Asks
How Long To Cook Meatloaf At 325?
How long does it take to cook meatloaf at 325 degrees Fahrenheit? Predictably, the response is far longer than it would have taken at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Unless you’re making an extra little loaf. Nevertheless, if you are not, it takes around 1 hour and 15-20 minutes.
Simply keep an eye on your bread throughout the last stages. Although this is the slowest cooking temperature for meatloaf, experienced cooks typically rate it as the best! This temperature will keep your meatloaf juicy and moist.
How Long To Cook A Small Meatloaf At 375?
A 1 pound meatloaf will take 35-45 minutes in the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. A smaller meatloaf will take even less time, so keep an eye on them and keep the temperature low.
Tips And Tricks For Cooking Meatloaf!
Before we go into the dish, check out this little video from the YouTube channel Mashed.
It contains a wealth of useful information on preparing meatloaf, such as why you should rest your loaf, what dish to use for baking it, and how various ingredients effect the result of your loaf.
Creole Cuisine Inspired Meatloaf Recipe
4 persons may be served
|Prep Time:||Cook Time:|
|15-20 mins||45 mins – 1hr|
Rose of the YouTube channel Island Vibe Cooking devised the meatloaf recipe utilized here. For your convenience, the methods for cooking this juicy, savory glazed meatloaf have been recorded here. This way, you’ll have access to both a visual and textual tutorial!
|– 2 lbs of ground beef (85% or 90% work)|
|– 1 tbsp of olive oil|
|–1 finely diced onion|
|– 2 tbsp of minced garlic|
|– 4 slices of Cuban or Italian bread|
|– ½ cup of milk|
|– ¼ cup of chopped parsley|
|– 2 eggs|
|– 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce|
|– 1 tbsp creole seasoning|
|– Salt and pepper to taste|
Ingredients For The Glaze
|– 3/4 of a cup of ketchup|
|– 2 tbsp of tomato sauce|
|– ¼ cup of brown sugar|
|– 1 tsp of Dijon mustard|
|– 1 tsp of paprika|
|– 1 tbsp of granulated onion or onion powder|
- Begin by breaking up your preferred bread into little, bite-size pieces in a medium-large mixing dish.
- Finally, pour the milk over the top of the bread bits. Toss in the bread for a few seconds to make sure it’s thoroughly moist from the milk.
- Following that, add the eggs and mix everything together once again, this time with a bit more enthusiasm.
- Add the parsley, Worcestershire sauce, creole spice, onions, and bell peppers at this step. Again, use a wooden spoon (or your hands) to thoroughly combine everything. Your panade should now be ready for the meat!
- Add the oil, black pepper, salt, garlic, and ground meat last.
- Knead everything together with your hands to ensure that all of the flavors are properly dispersed throughout the meat.
- You’re all set to loaf your meat! But first, let’s get started on that glaze.
Making The Glaze
- To start, combine the brown sugar, Dijon mustard, onion powder, paprika, ketchup, and tomato sauce in a small bowl.
- After that, just combine everything! You may use a tiny sauce whisk, a fork, or a wooden spoon to completely mix everything together.
Loafing Your Meat
For this phase, I used some advice from Binging With Babish’s video on meatloaf.
We’ll be prepping the meatloaf for cooking right now, which is an often-overlooked phase. You’ll need a baking pan, tinfoil or oil (do NOT use parchment paper), and preferably, a small loaf pan to make this.
Using a tiny loaf pan allows the loaf to cook quicker, be simpler to manage, retain more liquids, and have a more equal glaze-to-loaf ratio.
With that stated, let’s get started!
- Lightly grease your loaf pan, being sure to drain any excess oil.
- Following that, push the meatloaf securely into the pan, paying great attention to the top and sides. It should be pressed down between every few layers of meat.
- When your pan is full, flip it over onto a foil-lined or prepared baking sheet and let the meatloaf fall into it. If you’re using a tiny loaf pan, allow extra room for the additional mini-loaves. If you don’t have a pan, simply create little, tightly packed loaves with your hands as best you can.
- After your loaves are in position and ready, bake them for fifteen minutes at 350°F WITHOUT glazing.
- After fifteen minutes, use a pastry brush to apply a thin(ish) coating of glaze on each loaf.
- Return them to the oven for another 15 minutes before glazing again.
- Following that, bake them for another 20 to 25 minutes before removing them from the oven. Optionally, cover the meatloaf with tinfoil for the whole cooking time, except for the final 15 minutes.
- Let your meatloaf to rest for 10 minutes after removing it from the oven. Next, slice it and serve it with the glaze. To make leftover meatloaf last longer, keep it in the fridge.
How Long To Cook Meatloaf At 375?
With 1 pound meatloaves, the cooking time seems to be 25-40 minutes.
How Long Do You Cook A 2 lb Meatloaf At 375?
That might take 45-50 minutes.
How Long To Cook 3 lb Meatloaf At 375?
That would take between 1.5 and 2 hours.
How Long Does It Take To Cook A 4 lb Meatloaf At 375?
Cooking time for a 4 pound meatloaf is around 2 hours to 2 hours and 20 minutes.
How Long To Cook A 5 lb Meatloaf At 375
A 5lb meatloaf will take around 2 hours and 55 minutes to cook at 375F.
Meatloaf And Cooking Times
Meatloaf is a difficult cuisine to standardize since everyone has a particular family recipe or a regional variant on this dish, making it almost hard to standardize.
But, there are workarounds!
The ideal technique is to just use a food thermometer and adjust the temperature to fit your loaf n oven, but there are other options.
You should be OK if you use the rule of thumb of 35 minutes of cooking time per pound of meatloaf.
How long does it take to cook a 2lb meatloaf at 375?
How long should meatloaf be cooked at 375°F? At 375°F, a 1 pound meatloaf will take roughly 25 to 30 minutes to achieve 160°F. It will take around 40 to 50 minutes for a 2 pound meatloaf to reach 160°F.
How long does it take to cook a meatloaf at 375 degrees?
Cook your meatloaf at 375°F for 50-60 minutes for the best results. This ensures that the meatloaf reaches a temperature of 160°F and is thoroughly cooked. Before removing from the oven, use a food thermometer to check the temperature. Let for a few minutes of cooling before slicing and serving.
What is the best temperature and time to cook meatloaf?
This recipe for Finest Meatloaf follows a creative three-step procedure: To thoroughly cook the interior, bake the meatloaf for 40 minutes at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), then raise the heat to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 15 minutes to give the exterior a nice crust.
Is it better to cook meatloaf at 350 or 375?
While preparing meatloaf, the oven temperature is usually set at 350 degrees F. This is the temperature you want to utilize to ensure the meatloaf cooks without drying out.
What is the secret to moist meatloaf?
or veal to create a juicy, delicate meatloaf. Make use of high-fat meat.
The drier and grainier the meatloaf, the leaner the beef. Always choose a higher-fat cut of beef, at least 15% fat, for an all-beef meatloaf. Consider adding ground pork and eggs to a meatloaf cooked with leaner beef or turkey.
Should I bake meatloaf covered or uncovered?
Is it better to cook my meatloaf covered or uncovered? Uncovered meatloaf may be cooked. If you are worried about the meatloaf burning, cover it with foil for the first 45 minutes and then expose it for the last 15 minutes to enable the meatloaf to brown on top.
What temperature should a 2lb meatloaf be?
The 2 pound meatloaf recipe below cooks for 55-65 minutes at 350°F or 45-55 minutes at 375°F. Use a meat thermometer to verify the internal temperature reaches 160°F. Cooking Tip Let meatloaf to rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
What temperature do you heat meatloaf in the oven?
On a small shallow plate, place your remaining meatloaf pieces.
1 tablespoon beef broth should be sprinkled on each piece.
Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 20-25 minutes in the center of the oven.
May 25, 2021
Meatloaf Reheating in the Oven
Preheat the oven to 250oF.
Is it OK for meatloaf to be a little pink?
A ground beef patty or meatloaf cooked to the appropriate temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit (71 degrees Celsius) is safe. But, under some situations, it may still appear pink. You are correct; this might be due to the presence of other meals, notably ones high in nitrites.
What should the oven be set at for meatloaf?
325-350 F: This is probably the temperature range you utilize the most—and there’s a reason for it.
375-400 F: Short-term baking or roasting benefits from a slightly higher temperature to achieve crisp borders on cookies or bubbling golden cheese.
425-450 F: If you want perfectly golden roasted veggies, set your oven at this temperature.
Additional details…•February 28, 2023