Keto french toast cooked with handmade almond flour bread and an egg dip, then topped with blueberries and sugar-free maple syrup. A low-carb breakfast that will satisfy your sweet appetite!
This keto french toast recipe recreates the classic breakfast and brunch favorite’s sweet crisp and butter coating, but with low-carb bread and a sugar-free glaze. If you’re looking for a quick low-carb keto breakfast meal, this is it.
Learn how to create fast almond flour bread from scratch, as well as what toppings to use and how to produce the famed egg coating. Let’s get started.
The good news is that preparing keto-friendly french toast is as simple as changing the bread, which is simple with our homemade almond flour bread recipes.
This low-carb version tastes almost identical to the conventional form, with a sweet and crispy covering. When you want french toast for morning, this is a terrific replacement and a great keto-friendly breakfast choice.
In comparison to conventional french toast, this keto french toast has roughly 5 grams of net carbohydrates per 2-piece meal, while regular french toast has 25 grams.
- Keto-Friendly Bread Substitutes
- Keto Maple Syrup Alternatives
- Dairy-Free Alternatives to Milk for Keto French Toast
- Quick Tips
- Serving & Side Dish Ideas
- Keto French Toast
- What do you eat for breakfast on a lazy keto?
- What is a typical keto breakfast?
- How many eggs for breakfast on keto?
- Which has less carbs pancakes or French toast?
- Will keto bread keep you out of ketosis?
- What is dirty lazy keto?
- What to eat on keto when really hungry?
- What happens if you cheat on lazy keto?
- What are the 4 pillars of keto?
Keto-Friendly Bread Substitutes
Cloud bread is a popular keto option prepared with egg whites, cream cheese, and salt. These light, fluffy disks perform nicely as sandwich bread and as the major element in French toast.If you don’t want to prepare your own bread, you may purchase gluten-free almond bread at the shop. Bread made with nut flour is Keto-friendly yet sturdy enough to serve as French toast.
Keto Maple Syrup Alternatives
You can produce your own low-sugar, low-carb maple syrup by blending maple extract, xanthan gum, and your preferred artificial sweetener. This manner, you may enjoy the maple taste without deviating from your diet.Use monk fruit sweetener if you simply want a syrup to pour over your French toast and don’t care about the maple taste. This traditional Chinese sweetener has no calories or carbohydrates yet is very sweet.
Dairy-Free Alternatives to Milk for Keto French Toast
For creating the French toast batter, unsweetened nut milk, such as almond milk, works well. It has the texture and taste of ordinary milk but without the extra carbohydrates.Unsweetened soy milk is another excellent option. Just make sure you choose the unsweetened type rather than the sweetened to prevent unwittingly putting on the carbohydrates.
- To replace the egg, use flaxseed and water to produce a fast replacement component. Whisk together one tablespoon of ground flaxseed and three tablespoons of water for each egg. After a few minutes, it will form a paste with the binding properties of egg. As required, whisk into the recipe.
- To avoid soggy bread, immerse it just briefly. Soak the bread for a maximum of 20 seconds before transferring it to a different dish to avoid getting it wet with the egg mixture.Cook until crispy, then keep warm on a clean baking sheet in a 200°F (90°C) oven until ready to serve.
- Maintain a medium-low temperature. Both butter and oil make terrific french toast, but if you use butter, cook it low and slow to prevent scorching it. A little amount of oil added to the butter will prevent it from burning. Reduce the heat to medium-low and gently push the bread with a spatula to achieve uniform cooking throughout the whole surface.
If kept in an airtight bag or container in the fridge for a couple of hours after cooking, keto french toast will keep for 3-5 days. Freeze in an airtight freezer container for 2-4 months.
Reheat for a minute or two on each side in a frying pan. It is not suggested to use a microwave since the texture will degrade.
Serving & Side Dish Ideas
Do you need anything to round out this dish? Here are some of our favorite low-carb french toast side dishes to round up your morning.
- Quinoa Bowl with Fruit and Nuts: Quinoa has a delicate taste that makes it highly versatile, although it may be a touch boring. For a taste boost, infuse it with berries, citrus, and nuts.
- Frittata: Similar to French toast, frittata may be made quickly with just a few ingredients. The delicately cooked eggs with spinach and tomato topping will provide a nutritious complement to your main course.
- Fruit Salad: If you can tolerate a little additional sweetness, a simple fruit salad will nicely balance off the buttery french toast. When it comes to natural sugars, err on the side of caution, although watermelon, strawberries, and peaches are excellent choices.
Keto French Toast
- 8 x 4 loaf pan
Keto Almond Flour Bread
- 2cupsalmond flour
- 1 tspsalt
- 1tspgarlic powder
- tspbaking soda
- cupvegetable oil
- 2tbspbutterfor frying
- fresh blueberries
- sugar-free maple syrup
- powdered erythritol
Almond Flour Bread
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius). Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- Combine the almond flour, baking soda, garlic powder, and salt in a large mixing basin. Whisk everything together.
- Combine the eggs, vegetable oil, and water in a mixing bowl. To properly blend, whisk everything together.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the bread comes out clean and the top is golden and crusty.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes after removing from oven.
- In a frying pan over medium-low heat, melt the butter. Stir in the egg and cream until well mixed.
- Dip keto bread in egg mixture on both sides, then cook for 4-5 minutes on each side in a frying pan.
- Drizzle with remaining melted butter and top with sugar-free syrup, blueberries, and powdered erythritol.
What do you eat for breakfast on a lazy keto?
Keto Breakfast Ideas for the Lazy
Unsweetened almond milk is used to make this chia pudding. Smoothies using keto-friendly components such as blueberries and peanut butter. Fresh berries with cream cheese on top. Scrambled eggs or omelettes with cheddar cheese, spinach, kale, mushroom, ham, and veggies are keto-friendly.
What is a typical keto breakfast?
Rather of concentrating on what you can’t eat, remember that there are many things that are ideal for a good keto breakfast, such as eggs, avocado, various types of meat and veggies, and, of course, keto bread.
How many eggs for breakfast on keto?
We’ll also include some delicious low-carb egg-based keto dishes. When following a ketogenic diet, eggs are keto-friendly and safe to consume. Eggs are low in carbohydrates yet strong in protein and healthy fats. While on the keto diet, you may eat 6 to 7 eggs each day.
Which has less carbs pancakes or French toast?
On the one hand, a typical plate of pancakes includes around 500 calories, 88 grams of carbs, and 4 grams of saturated fat, but a similar-sized portion of French toast contains approximately 990 calories, 120 grams of carbohydrates, and 18 grams of saturated fat. Pancakes look to be the winner based on these figures.
Will keto bread keep you out of ketosis?
Do you want to know whether you can eat bread while on keto? The simple answer is YES! I even made it easy for you by compiling a list of the top 7 keto diet breads that won’t throw you out of ketosis. Enjoy!!
What is dirty lazy keto?
A lazy keto diet is one that reduces carbohydrates but has no extra restrictions on calories, fat, or protein. And what exactly is a filthy keto diet? That is, as long as you remain under a certain carb restriction, you may eat fast food and other shortcuts like smoothies and bars.
What to eat on keto when really hungry?
So, while planning keto snacks and meals, be sure to incorporate high-protein food alternatives like grass-fed beef, wild-caught fish, nuts, seeds, and eggs. Protein can help keep hunger at away and cravings at bay!
What happens if you cheat on lazy keto?
Fat-burning is reduced.
If you consume too many carbohydrates, you will go out of ketosis. (Carbs elevate blood sugar and insulin levels, marking an end to fat-burning and ketone generation). [*]Regrettably, this may interfere with your weight reduction, fat loss, and other Keto-related objectives.
What are the 4 pillars of keto?
With Sisson’s Four Pillars of Longevity: Metabolic Flexibility, Movement and Physical Fitness, Mental Flexibility, and Rest and Recovery, you’ll adopt a comprehensive plan of action to live a long, healthy, and happy life.