In about 30 minutes, you can make chicken cauliflower fried rice. This keto-friendly dish is a healthy way to enjoy this pan-fried staple for supper or meal prep for the week ahead.
This chicken cauliflower fried rice is a healthier version of the Chinese staple, using chopped cauliflower florets instead of long-grain white rice. Using either homemade or store-bought cauliflower rice, this healthy variation is reduced in carbohydrates and sugar without sacrificing taste.
This is a simple recipe that anybody can conjure up when they are short on time, whether you want a fuss-free skillet supper or something you can cook in bulk for the week ahead.
Here’s how to prepare chicken cauliflower rice from scratch, with cauliflower rice tips and serving suggestions.
- How to Make Chicken Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Quick Tips
- Chicken Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Why is my cauliflower fried rice soggy?
- How to make cauliflower rice that isn t soggy?
- What is the difference between cauliflower rice and riced cauliflower?
- Can you taste the difference between rice and cauliflower rice?
- How to make cauliflower rice taste nice?
- What is the secret to non mushy fried rice?
- How do you squeeze water out of cauliflower Rice?
- What happens if you overcook cauliflower rice?
- Is it OK to eat riced cauliflower everyday?
How to Make Chicken Cauliflower Fried Rice
This healthy take on chicken fried rice couldn’t be simpler to prepare. The whole recipe may be found at the bottom of this page, but here are the major steps:
- Cook the diced chicken breast in a pan until it is cooked through.
- In a food processor, blitz the dried cauliflower florets until they resemble rice grains.
- Cook until the garlic, onion, and ginger are tender. Cook until the remaining veggies are cooked.
- Add the cauliflower rice, cooking until soft
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and allow it to set before mixing it with the remainder of the fried rice.
- Fry the fried chicken pieces over high heat.
- Serve and enjoy right away!
Use these fast suggestions to get the most of this simple cauliflower fried rice recipe:
- What if you don’t have a food processor? Grate the cauliflower head into little rice-size pieces using the medium hole side of a box grater.
- Before cooking, press the cauliflower rice. Transfer the rice to a paper towel and press with a heavy plate or book for 5-10 minutes after blitzing the florets. This will assist to drain any extra moisture, lowering the likelihood of your fried rice becoming mushy.
- Gradually drizzle in the sauce. While cauliflower rice might be bland, it does not absorb sauce as well as grains do. If you use too much soy sauce or fish sauce, it will pool around the rice. Instead, gently drizzle in the sauce to cover the fried cauliflower.
Chicken Cauliflower Fried Rice
- food processor (with grater blade insert)
- cast iron skillet
- 2tbspextra-virgin olive oil
- 2largechicken breastsboneless & skinless; cubed
- 1headcauliflowerchopped into florets
- 1smallyellow onionchopped
- 1red bell pepperchopped
- 1cupgreen peasfrozen
- 1green onion
- 4tbspfish sauce
- 4sprigsfresh cilantroroughly chopped
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat the oil. Cook until the chicken is cooked through, rotating halfway. Approximately 5-10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and remove the chicken from the pan. Place in a bowl or on a cutting board.
- In a food processor, combine the cauliflower florets and process until the cauliflower is chopped into rice-sized bits.
- Sauté the chopped onion, grated ginger, and minced garlic in the pan for 3-4 minutes, or until tender. Combine the red bell pepper, green beans, and green onion in a mixing bowl. Cook for 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the cauliflower rice and cook until soft
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whip the eggs while the cauliflower rice cooks. Beat thoroughly.
- Place the cauliflower rice on one side of the pan and the beaten eggs on the other. Allow the eggs to set for 1-2 minutes before tossing in the remaining rice mixture.
- Stir in the cooked chicken pieces and fish sauce until well combined.
- Fry for 1-2 minutes before serving
Why is my cauliflower fried rice soggy?
If you leave riced cauliflower on the stove for too long, it will turn mushy and soggy. Follow this advice: Riced cauliflower gets softer and more tender when quickly cooked in a little butter or olive oil on the stovetop. As a general rule, three minutes over medium heat and not too much oil should enough.
How to make cauliflower rice that isn t soggy?
If you want to keep your cauliflower rice from becoming mushy, consider pan-frying it or roasting it in the oven. Cooking it over high heat with a little oil can eliminate some of the moisture and help it crisp up!
What is the difference between cauliflower rice and riced cauliflower?
Riced cauliflower may be the answer you’ve been seeking for if you want to integrate more veggies into your diet. Cauliflower rice or couscous is cauliflower that has been broken down into little pieces resembling grain or pasta and is often used as a replacement.
Can you taste the difference between rice and cauliflower rice?
Riced cauliflower does not taste like rice; it tastes like cauliflower florets, which, like other brassicas, have a mild, faintly cabbage-y flavor. Its delicate taste is overshadowed by any seasoning you choose, whether it’s soy sauce or parmesan.
How to make cauliflower rice taste nice?
Cauliflower rice is bland on its own, but when toasted in a pan with garlic butter, it becomes nutty and delicious.
What is the secret to non mushy fried rice?
Make use of cold, leftover cooked rice. If you leave the rice grains in the fridge overnight, they will harden up, making it simpler to separate and reducing the likelihood of your fried rice becoming mushy. If you can’t wait, air-dry freshly cooked rice and chill it for a few hours before cooking.
How do you squeeze water out of cauliflower Rice?
Transfer the cooked (or frozen) riced cauliflower to a clean, thin dishtowel. Wrap the cooked rice in the dishtowel, twist it up, and SQUEEZE out all the extra liquid! (If your cauliflower is still hot, let it to cool before handling.)
What happens if you overcook cauliflower rice?
It was overcooked.
If you cook the cauliflower rice for too long, whether in the microwave or on the stovetop, it will turn into cauliflower mush.
Is it OK to eat riced cauliflower everyday?
Cauliflower rice is an important element of a healthy diet, but there is such a thing as too much of a good thing. Cauliflower rice has a lot of fiber, which takes a long time for your stomach to digest. Eating too much cauliflower rice at once might cause pain.