Baby potatoes cooked in the air fryer are the ideal side dish. These new potatoes are extra crispy on the outside and pleasantly soft on the inside, and they’re garnished with parsley and cracked pepper for a flavor boost. With this recipe, you may learn how to cook them the best manner possible.
Look no farther than these miniature potatoes for a fast and simple side dish for your dinner table. Traditional pan-fried or oven-roasted potatoes might be high in oil and butter, but this air fryer dish is devoid of both. The good news is that they are extremely crispy and just as tasty. Oh, and cooking time is just 20 minutes.
- Why Use an Air Fryer?
- Ingredients: What You Will Need
- Times & Temperatures
- Serving Ideas
- Tips for Crispy Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
- How to Make Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
- Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
- Why soak potatoes in water before air frying?
- Are Airfry potatoes healthy?
- Are air fried potatoes better?
- Should you par boil potatoes before air frying?
- What happens if I don’t soak potatoes before frying?
- How long should you soak potatoes before frying?
- How do I prevent acrylamide in my air fryer?
- What cannot be cooked in air fryer?
- Why is air frying not healthy?
- What I wish I knew before I get an air fryer?
Why Use an Air Fryer?
For those who are unfamiliar, utilizing an air fryer is a terrific method to prepare healthier versions of your favorite foods. Whether it’s chicken wings or halloumi fries, using an air fryer retains all of the taste while removing (most of) the fat.
They utilize heated air rather than oil, making them healthier and less messy to use. Traditional pan-fried meals that are crispy on the exterior and soft on the inside are the greatest air fryer recipes. These tiny potatoes are no different.
Ingredients: What You Will Need
- 1 pound baby potatoes. This dish calls for Ruby crescent baby potatoes. They are dusty pink in color and high in B6, C, phosphorus, and manganese.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil. When shopping for olive oil, look for the cold-pressed label on the bottle. This assures that you are purchasing olive oil derived from pure, cold-pressed olives.
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley. Curly parsley has a particular texture that straight parsley does not.
- 1 teaspoon salt. Choose kosher salt because it dissolves quickly and has larger, coarser granules that delicately season the food. It also improves the flavor of the meal rather than making it taste salty.
- teaspoon freshly crushed red pepper. Red pepper has a sweeter taste and more health advantages than green pepper, and it also gives the meal more bite.
Times & Temperatures
The whole dish cooks in around 25 minutes. With 5 minutes for prep, collecting the necessary equipment, washing and drying the potatoes, and 20 minutes for cooking. The temperature of the air fryer should be set to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Lemon Roast Chicken, Meatloaf Muffins, Citrus-spiked Chicken, Lentil Shepherds Pie, Vegetable Pot Pie, and Portobello Mushroom Burgers are just a few of the foods that go nicely with this delectable meal.
Tips for Crispy Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
- To eliminate excess starch and make the potatoes extra crispy, soak them in cold water. It also keeps them from adhering together.
- Preheat the air fryer before adding the potatoes for a crispy top while keeping the interior mushy.
- To eliminate extra moisture and enable the spices to adhere to the potatoes, pat them dry with paper towels. Paper towels or kitchen towels may be used. Tissue or toilet paper should not be used since they will become part of the seasoning.
- Allow the potatoes to rest for 5-10 minutes before baking to allow the spices and seasoning to fully absorb.
- Remove the potatoes from the air fryer halfway through and flip them to avoid undercooking or overcooking one side and to ensure equal cooking on both sides.
How to Make Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
Wash and dry the tiny potatoes with a kitchen towel or paper towels. Washing removes part of the extra starch and ensures that the potatoes are clean, while drying ensures that the seasoning is absorbed by the potatoes rather than dissolved in the excess moisture.
Cut the potatoes in half, or three pieces for bigger ones. This will allow them to cook more quickly. Place them in a large mixing basin and drizzle with one tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil, being careful to coat them evenly.
For garnish, add one teaspoon of salt, half a teaspoon of pepper, and a tablespoon of finely chopped parsley. Toss the potatoes until they are evenly covered.
Place the tiny potatoes in the air fryer basket, making sure they are evenly distributed, and place it in the air fryer.
Set the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, set the timer to 20 minutes, and push the start button.
Remove the basket midway through the 10-minute cooking time, shake the potatoes, and then replace them in the air fryer to finish frying. This allows them to cook evenly and prevents one side from undercooking or overcooking. When finished, serve immediately while still hot.
Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
- air fryer
- 1lbbaby potatoes
- 1tbspextra-virgin olive oil
- 1tspkosher salt
- tspground black pepper
- 1tbspfresh parsleyfinely chopped
- Wash and dry the potatoes before cutting them into bite-sized pieces.
- In a mixing dish, combine the sliced baby potatoes, olive oil, salt, pepper, and parsley. To coat evenly, toss.
- Place the potatoes in the air fryer. Set the temperature to 400°F, the timer to 20 minutes, and push the start button.
- Remove the basket and shake it after 10 minutes. Return the basket to the air fryer and cook for another 10 minutes. Serve right away.
Are Air Fryer Potatoes Healthy?
Yes, they are a healthier alternative to deep-fried options. They are high in vitamins like C and B6, as well as minerals like phosphorus, manganese, niacin, and fiber. They are also crunchy without being heavy in fat or calories.
Do You Need to Boil the Potatoes First? Can You Air Fry Raw Potatoes?
No, the potatoes do not need to be boiled. Because boiling might cause some loss of soluble nutrients like vitamin C, it is best to cook them in the air fryer uncooked.
Do You Need to Peel the Baby Potatoes?
No, the baby potatoes have wonderfully soft and thin skin that is packed with nutrients, so there is no need to peel them. Simply cut them into bite-sized pieces and enjoy all they have to offer.
Are New Potatoes Gluten-Free?
Yes, fresh potatoes and potatoes in general are gluten-free. Gluten is found largely in rye, barley, wheat, and other grains, whereas potatoes, being a starchy vegetable, do not contain gluten.
Does It Matter What Kind of Air Fryer I Use?
In terms of the end product and how the potatoes cook, it makes no difference whatever air fryer you choose; they will all provide the same excellent result. The only difference between them is their size and the amount of potatoes you can cook at once.
Are Baby Potatoes the Same as New Potatoes?
Yes, new potatoes are just another term for baby potatoes. They are also known as creamers since they are generally the first to produce on the field.
Why soak potatoes in water before air frying?
Soaking the potatoes after they’ve been chopped extracts part of the starch that potatoes naturally contain. This will provide a crispier fry. A thirty-minute soak in cold water is sufficient, although you may soak them for longer if desired. Before frying the potatoes, make sure they are completely dry.
Are Airfry potatoes healthy?
Air fried potatoes are a better option than deep fried potatoes. They have a similar roasted feel to what you’d receive at a restaurant, but without the fat or calories that come from a batter or a lot of frying oil. You may even feel good about wating them.
Are air fried potatoes better?
Are Air-Fried Foods Healthier? Air frying is generally considered to be healthier than oil frying. It reduces calories by 70% to 80% and has much less fat. This cooking technique may help reduce some of the other negative impacts of oil frying.
Should you par boil potatoes before air frying?
It is not necessary to parboil the potatoes before air frying. You can if you like, and the potatoes will be somewhat crispier. However, I’ve discovered that pre-soaking them is sufficient to make them crispy (without the extra work).
What happens if I don’t soak potatoes before frying?
Mr. Nasr claims that the soaking is responsible for the crisp quality of the fries. It takes the starch out of the cells, making them more stiff and less prone to cling together. The chefs fried them twice, first blanching them until somewhat limp in 325-degree peanut oil, then crisping and browning them in 375-degree oil.
How long should you soak potatoes before frying?
Allow 2 to 3 hours for them to soak. (Alternatively, put them in the fridge and soak overnight.) When preparing to cook the fries, rinse the potatoes and place them on two baking sheets lined with paper towels. Blot them dry with paper towels.
How do I prevent acrylamide in my air fryer?
Acrylamide levels may be lowered by avoiding cooking meals at excessively high temperatures for an extended period of time. When frying (including air frying), baking, toasting, or roasting food, consumers should strive for a golden yellow color or lighter.
What cannot be cooked in air fryer?
8 Things You Should Probably Not Cook in an Air Fryer
Foods that have been battered. Do not use wet batter in the air fryer.
Greens that are fresh. Because the machine utilizes high-speed air, leafy plants like spinach may cook unevenly.
Roasts in their entirety.
Grain in its natural state.
Why is air frying not healthy?
Although air-frying equipment is not known to cause cancer, the process does result in the synthesis of some chemicals, such as acrylamide, which have been related to cancer development. Acrylamide has been identified as a possible human carcinogen.
What I wish I knew before I get an air fryer?
7 Things to Consider Before Purchasing an Air Fryer
1) It’s rather loud.
2) It has a lot of smoke.
3) It only has a temperature range of 400 degrees.
4) The food is hidden.
5) It will not cook battered fried food.
6) You must still add oil.
7) The inside is completely covered with nonstick surfaces.